What does this mean for our city? The Police Department will no longer have any tools to help keep our parks and waterways clean. The trash, tents, camps, crime and needles will multiply.
Email the City Council and tell them:
'VOTE NO ON THE BROWN NEW DEAL'
At the City Council meeting on March 17th, Councilmember Brown is trying to amend Ordinance 2466, with the following changes:
1) Open the City Plaza to ongoing occupation by squatters 24/7
(Currently closed 10pm to 7am: §9.43.030.A.)
2) Eliminate all regulations for possession of needles in the City Plaza
3) Allow tents, huts, vehicles, recreational vehicles, and temporary shelters, and any form of personal property in all parks, along creeks, streets, parking lots and the Plaza 24/7.
4) Dump any personal property along all waterways and bodies of water in Chico, 24/7 (§9.43.030.C,D)
5) Change all violations of any of the quality of life laws mentioned above from misdemeanors to infractions, thereby eliminating any consequences.